[St. Joseph's Sanitarium, Dubuque, Iowa]

Title

[St. Joseph's Sanitarium, Dubuque, Iowa]

Creator

Loemker, Herman J., 1868-1937

Description

Known originally as the Insane Asylum of West Dubuque, the name of this facility was changed in 1909 to St. Joseph’s Sanitarium. It was located near the intersection of Asbury and Hillcrest Roads, and was run by the Sisters of Mercy.

Date

1915-1917

Subject

Mental institutions
Dubuque (Iowa) -- Pictorial works
Herman J. Loemker Collection
Lantern slides

Source

The Center for Dubuque History, Loras College, 1450 Alta Vista Street, Dubuque, Iowa 52001

Identifier

LO 037

Format

Digital image captured using a Microtek ScanMaker 8700 with transparent media adapter. TIFF file created from a glass lantern slide scanned in 16 - bit grey scale at 1200 ppi.

Rights

Contact The Center for Dubuque History at Loras College, 1450 Alta Vista Street, Dubuque, Iowa 52001 or call (563) 588-7100 © 2015 LORAS COLLEGE

Publisher

This record is part of the Herman J. Loemker Collection held by The Center for Dubuque History, Loras College, Dubuque, Iowa.

Coverage

Asbury and Hillcrest Roads, Dubuque, Iowa

Relation

Herman J. Loemker Collection

Type

Still image

Original Format

1 lantern slide: b & w

Physical Dimensions

3.25 x 4.0

Files

loemker037.jpg

Citation

Loemker, Herman J., 1868-1937, “[St. Joseph's Sanitarium, Dubuque, Iowa],” Loras College Digital Collections, accessed October 16, 2021, http://digitalcollections.loras.edu/items/show/299.