St. Joseph (Greeley, Iowa)

Title

St. Joseph (Greeley, Iowa)

Description

"Michael J. Quirk and Father Michael Lynch were the first priests to visit the Greeley area to care for the early Catholic settlers in the 1860s. On those occasions the James Fitzpatrick home became a temporary chapel for the Greeley and Edgewood faithful. Under Father Quirk’s supervision the first Catholic church was built in Greeley in 1870 and dedicated to Saint Joseph. It was a frame structure 50 x 30 and served until 1952."

- Rev. Edgar Kurt, "Profile #190," The Witness, 9 September 1990.

Source

The Archdiocese of Dubuque.
The Center for Dubuque History at Loras College.

Contributor

Burback, Emily. Burns, Daniel. Gibson, Michael. Oberfoell, Carol. Waldmeir, Helen. Waldmeir, John.

Type

Various primary and secondary sources.

Language

English.

Publisher

Loras College
Kucera Center for Catholic Thought
Frank and Ida Goedken Series: "Spiritual Life in the Upper Mississippi River Valley"

Coverage

History of the parish, including information about its priests and parishioners.

Table Of Contents

ANNUAL REPORTS (7 documents)
CLOSING (2 documents)
CONSTITUTION (1 document)
LETTERS (3 documents)
NEWSPAPERS (6 documents)
PARISH COUNCIL (1 document)
PASTOR LIST (2 documents)
PHOTOS (2 documents)

Hanus, Jerome. “Decree Regarding St. Joseph Parish Greeley,  Iowa.” The Witness. 17 July, 2005.

Files

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/1a3dec818cf7e0bd64ecdb47fb7a8a5a.jpg
http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/b3fdfbfc440f9b9493dce39ff2f150fb.jpg
http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/e5ad8cd695b3a955756d0858eaf2dd82.jpg

Citation

“St. Joseph (Greeley, Iowa),” Loras College Digital Collections, accessed February 21, 2024, http://digitalcollections.loras.edu/items/show/5723.