St. Mary (Vinton, Iowa)
“After the appointment of Father P. C. Kenny, churches were constructed in Vinton and Dysart under his direction. In 1879 the Church of Saint Mary in Vinton was dedicated on the feast of Mary’s Maternity, October 12, and the church in Vinton was dedicated to Saint Joseph one week later. In that year the parish at Grundy Center was added to his care.”
- Rev. Msgr. Edgar Kurt, “Parish Profile #153: Saint Mary Parish, Vinton,” Dubuque: The Witness, 10 December 1989.
History of the parish over the span of 140 years, including information about its priests and parishioners.
The Center for Dubuque History at Loras College.
Kucera Center for Catholic Thought
Frank and Ida Goedken Series: "Spiritual Life in the Upper Mississippi River Valley"
Table Of Contents
Constitution of The Altar and Rosary Society (1 booklet)
History (6 documents)
Pastor/Priest Cards (1 set)
Pastor List (3 documents)
St. Mary’s Church, ca. 1961
St. Mary’s Rectory, ca. 1961
Photograph and History Page (1 document)
“The Official Catholic Directory” ca. 1917 (1 document)
Treasurer’s Reports 1917 (2 documents)
Hohenbrink, Michael. “Pro-life activities bring teaching moment.” Dubuque: The Witness, Vol. 89 No. 2, 18 January 2009.
Kurt, Rev. Edgar, “Parish Profile #153: Saint Mary Parish, Vinton.” Dubuque: The Witness. 10 December 1989.
Witness Staff, “Other areas of archdiocese also coping.” Dubuque: The Witness, 22 June 2008.