Visitation (Stacyville, Iowa)
“In 1873 the 27 families sent John Brost to ask Bishop John Hennessy for a resident priest and permission to build a church. Permission to build was granted, but no priest was available. The next year they dedicated the new church to the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Visitation. The first resident pastor, Father John Hellregel, came in 1878. He was succeeded by Father John Albers, who later moved to Cascade.”- Rev. Msgr. Edgar Kurt, “Parish Profile #46: Visitation Parish, Stacyville,” Dubuque: The Witness, 25 October 1987.
The Center for Dubuque History at Loras College.
Kucera Center for Catholic Thought
Frank and Ida Goedken Series: "Spiritual Life in the Upper Mississippi River Valley"
History of the parish over the span of 145 years, including information about its priests and parishioners.
Table Of Contents
ACCW Centennial Book (1 Book)
Annual History 1944-1954, 1962-1963, 1971, 1975, 1976, 1974, 1978-1982, 1984-1991 (39 documents)
Annual History ACCW 1996-2001 (6 documents)
Centennial (1 document)
Constitution and By-Laws, Revised 12 August 1985 (1 compilation)
Copy of Mortgage – Deed 1910 (1 document)
Letter regarding Father Wenninger’s Missions 1994 (1 document)
“For these years we give thanks.” 25 Jubilee Mass (2 booklets)
History (3 compilations)
“Two remaining nuns are dear to community,” Associated Press/Des Moines Register, n.d.
“Visitation Church to celebrate centennial,” unknown publisher, ca. 1973.
“Visitation Parish Celebrates Golden Jubilee Sept. 7,” Stacyville: The Stacyville Monitor, Vol. 16 No. 17. 17 September 1925.