Browse Items (254 total)

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/f5a79f17b98d1a8c8e660507d5ba2b08.jpg
St. Stephen in Cedar Falls is home to the Catholic Student Center. In 1897, The Catholic Student's Club was organized. It was noted in 1907 that, "The Association's purpose is to enable the Catholic students to more fully realize that religion is an…

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/07e0e1ea38009682ec42ba4e086f3109.jpg
Historical documents pertaining to the history of Saint Raphael Cathedral in Dubuque, Iowa.

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/24ba262cd6fbb8b89b9f955d70770c31.jpg
"In 1947 Archbishop Henry P. Rohlman founded All Saints Parish in the southeast quarter of Cedar Rapids. In 1959 Archbishop Leo Binz established Saint Pius X Parish in the northeast quadrant and chose the Saint Jude Parish site in the northwest area.…

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/8ff08a07fabfb4d0aad6478ae0dbb25d.jpg
“Father Patrick Maginnis came from Garryowen in 1852 to be the first resident pastor in the county. That year he saw to the building of the first church, a small frame structure, planned to serve as both church and school, but there is no school…

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/435054979bce256d1be49a166ffed635.jpg
"Saint Peter’s in Sabula is another of those parishes than can point the 1840s for its beginning. The Catholic Almanac of 1842 lists the river town about forty miles south of Dubuque as Charleston and as a “station,” that, as a place where Mass…

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/09945a265d92cb0d81a2672a91f6f63c.jpg
"While Father Patrick Feeley of Charles City visited the Mitchell County pioneers in the 1870s, the New Haven area Catholics decided to build a church that would unite the Irish to the north and the Germans to the south and west. In the spring of…

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/5b8a7075c4f5acdd52fdb5293ccaf5d8.jpg
"Bishop Clement Smyth directed Father Richard Nagle to acquire land within the town of Clermont, and a frame church was dedicated by the bishop in the fall of 1860. It was named for the patron saint of Peter Cummings who donated the land. Father John…

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/a009e30ab92ebf5fcecc4313b106b023.jpg
“German Catholic settlers moved into western Dubuque County in the 1860s and some made their homes in the town of Worthington. Many went to Dyersville for Mass and the sacraments, and fewer went to Saint Martin’s in Cascade, where instructions…

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/ad26230effc044c31fd09e8c2b024651.jpg
“Once the Archbishop appointed a pastor for the Blessing parish, the blessing pastors occasionally visited the Catholics of the Traer area and celebrated Mass in their homes. In 1912 Father Sampson, pastor of Blessing, directed the building of…

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/12b77af8c170ce812e2b72486811abb8.png
“Newhall’s Saint Paul Parish began with Father Alfred P. Meyer’s letter to Archbishop James J. Keane asking permission to start a parish. There had been two parishes in the neighboring town of Norway. One of them began as a Czech parish, with…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2