Browse Items (254 total)

immaculate_conception_blessing_pastor_diploma_2.png
"Father Scallan directed the building of a church, probably in 1880. Patrick and Bridget Farrell deeded four acres of their farm to the Diocese of Dubuque on May 25, 1880, a year after they had purchased it. The Centennial History of the Archdiocese…

church_fire_newspaper052.jpg
"The first European settlers in the Castle Grove area of Jones County were of Irish origin, arriving about 1846. They were visited regularly by Father Jeremiah Trecy from Garryowen on his missionary circuit. Then they were visited by Father Patrick…

parish_closing_prayer_card062.jpg
"From 1900 to 1903 Father Vincent Opava resided in a house near Saint Wenceslaus Church in Carroll Township, about a mile and a half west of Clutier. He cared for both Holy Trinity in Otter Creek and Saint Wenceslaus. In 1905, during the four-year…

clusters_map_168.jpg
"Under Father Murphy’s guidance 21 families collected $1,285 in 1877 for a parish church. They put up a small frame building about a mile west of the present town, on two acres donated by Ben Welp. On December 8, 1879, Father Murphy celebrated the…

papuer burials.jpg
"Father John M. Wolfe was appointed pastor of Sacred Heart Parish, Maquoketa, February 1913, in his eighth year of the priesthood. He set about the spiritual and material development of this county seat parish. He soon gave attention to the Catholics…

status_changes033.jpg
"Under Father Murphy’s guidance 21 families collected $1,285 in 1877 for a parish church. They put up a small frame building about a mile west of the present town, on two acres donated by Ben Welp. On December 8, 1879, Father Murphy celebrated the…

abstract of title146.jpg
“In 1880, after the church was closed for ten years, Bishop Hennessy assigned Saint Joseph Church to the care of the Protivin pastor, ten miles away. The Jesuits of Prairie du Chien gave them spiritual care in the 1880s. And Father Francis X.…

St Wenceslaus Witness article.jpg
"In Tama County, famed for Czech pioneers and parishes, one of the early churches was Saint Wenceslaus in Carroll Township. As its location is about a mile and a half west of the town of Clutier. Saint Wenceslaus Church was built in 1899 and blessed…

centennial mass pamphlet220.jpg
"Saint Joseph Parish, Dysart, probably began as a triple-town parish. In 1937 Father James F. Delay wrote in a parish history, on November 11, 1878, Father P. Kenny was appointed the first resident pastor of Vinton, Dysart and Traer.” At that time…

joseph_worker_second_decade_booklet_cover.png
"Saint Joseph Parish in Dubuque was formally established by Archbishop Henry P. Rohlman on November 1, 1949, after the archdiocesan consultors had reviewed the area census of Catholics. Msgr. Michael J. Martin was immediately named the founding…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2