[The Reverends L. J. Brenner and Schling? standing near a railroad car]

http://loras.libraryhost.com/files/original/a77f2dd6148c40345832b0558a95a663.jpg

Title

[The Reverends L. J. Brenner and Schling? standing near a railroad car]

Creator

Loemker, Herman J., 1868-1937

Description

Two gentlemen wearing suits, bowler hats and overcoats are standing on a brick walkway next to a railroad siding. One of the gentlemen is carrying two valises. Tracks are visible behind the men. The rear of the car may be seen behind and to the left of one of the gentlemen. A water tower is partially visible behind the men. A wooden sign near the men reads “Dubuque Key City of Iowa Population 43,598 Factories 185 Wholesale Houses 90 Churches 33 Academies 6 Colleges 5 Parks 275 acres, 4 Railroads Trunk Lines 4.” The number 1302 is written on a label that has been stuck to the lower left corner of the slide.

Subject

Clergy
Railroad cars
Dubuque (Iowa) -- Pictorial works
Herman J. Loemker Collection
Lantern slides

Source

The Center for Dubuque History, Loras College, 1450 Alta Vista Street, Dubuque, Iowa 52001

Format

Digital image captured using a Microtek ScanMaker 8700 with transparent media adapter. TIFF file created from a glass lantern slide scanned in 16 - bit grey scale at 1200 ppi.

Rights

Contact The Center for Dubuque History at Loras College, 1450 Alta Vista Street, Dubuque, Iowa 52001 or call (563) 588-7100 © 2015 LORAS COLLEGE

Relation

Herman J. Loemker Collection

Type

Still image

Date

1915-1917

Identifier

LO 023

Publisher

This record is part of the Herman J. Loemker Collection held by The Center for Dubuque History, Loras College, Dubuque, Iowa.

Coverage

Dubuque, Iowa

References


This image was displayed in the "Rev. H. J. Loemker: Views of Dubuque" display at the Roshek Building in Dubuque, July - November, 2016.

Citation

Loemker, Herman J., 1868-1937, “[The Reverends L. J. Brenner and Schling? standing near a railroad car],” Loras College Digital Collections, accessed July 19, 2024, https://digitalcollections.loras.edu/items/show/5432.