St. Joseph (Cresco, Iowa)
“In 1880, after the church was closed for ten years, Bishop Hennessy assigned Saint Joseph Church to the care of the Protivin pastor, ten miles away. The Jesuits of Prairie du Chien gave them spiritual care in the 1880s. And Father Francis X. Boeding of St. Lucas also cared for them for six years, visiting them every two weeks. But there is no clear record of the twenty years from 1880 to 1900. Saint Joseph Parish, Cresco, does not appear in the old Catholic directories until after 1900.”
- Rev. Msgr. Edgar Kurt, “Parish Profile #171: Saint Joseph Parish, Cresco.” Dubuque: The Witness, 22 April 1990.
The Center for Dubuque History at Loras College.
Kucera Center for Catholic Thought
Frank and Ida Goedken Series: "Spiritual Life in the Upper Mississippi River Valley"
Table Of Contents
CERTIFICATE (1 document) Leo Binz. Confraternitatem Sanctissimi Sacramenti. 1955.
PHOTOGRAPHS (3 photos)
HISTORY (17 documents from 1968-1995)
PARISH PROFILE (2 documents)
SOCIETY PAMPHLETS (4 documents)
Fr. Paul (Weir). “Letter to Parishioners.”
St. Joseph Church: Cresco, Iowa. 18 1 1995.
Hanus, Jerome. “Decree of Suppression: St. Joseph Parish, Cresco, Iowa.” The Witness. 27 June 1999.